Tattoos with hard lines have never been my specialty. I tend to avoid them when I can. Today’s session was a tattoo that was only lines – no color, no shading, just lines. Well I got through it. And so did she. I think it was her first tattoo. She heads off to Texas for basic training in the Air Force in a few weeks.
Yesterday I got started on a floral full sleeve. I had stenciled three sunflowers on her shoulder, but near the three-hour mark I was just finishing up tattooing the first one. She’ll have quite a few sessions to go.
Yesterday morning I woke up to a message from someone in Sweden telling me that my app wasn’t working right on his iPad. He sent a screenshot and I was perplexed. The lower menu items were gone.
After pondering for a few minutes I noticed that the upper items were all squished together. Then it dawned on me that his iPad Pro was probably smaller than mine. I started to feel pretty ignorant for not knowing there were iPad Pro devices in different sizes. I had assumed there was only the 12.9″ model which I developed my app for.
I spent the morning going through my code and tweaking things. Then I did the sunflower tattoo, got my kid from school, and did more tweaking until I felt things were working. I don’t have a smaller iPad Pro to test on, but the development software does have a simulator. The only problem is that I can’t test the Apple Pencil on a simulator.
I submitted the app to the app store and wrote the guy in Sweden back telling him that I fixed it and that it should be accepted by Apple within a day. I also asked if he’d let me know if he found any more problems since I don’t have his particular device. He didn’t respond to me at all.
And then today I looked on my app store account to see that I had two bad reviews, and both were because of the exact same issue. I responded to the reviews by saying the issue had been addressed.
Well sigh…getting an app off the ground and able to survive has been a daunting task. I hope it gets better.