I was working on round two of a big dragon side piece today and I had to stop after 2.5 hours to get ready for the health inspector. My client was doing really well but I think she was happy to be done for the day. We’ll finish it up in a few weeks.
I didn’t know what to expect since this would be my first inspection, but it went pretty well. Marlea was nice and very helpful in her observations. The main aspects that I needed to fix were terminology in my consent and aftercare forms, adding an automatic door closer to the bathroom, and getting my well water tested. Oh and I can’t keep my gum at my workstation.
I spent the afternoon fixing my forms, and then I got a door closer at the hardware store and installed it.
In my ongoing attempt to get caught up on tattoo designs, I pulled a bunch of stills from Bram Stoker’s Dracula movie so I could piece together a design for a client’s “horror movie” leg sleeve.
After that I did some sketches to prepare for tomorrow’s ‘dia de los muertos’ arm sleeve. If all goes well I should be able to finish that sleeve tomorrow, which will make it the quickest full sleeve I’ve ever done (3 months).